Join the family! We treasure your time, talents, and resources. The following are ways you can get involved. Advocates and Hosts have specific applications but all other roles can apply through the general volunteer application. For more information about any of the following, please email: email@example.com or call 972-503-6544.
- Help move/setup apartments.
- Attend monthly small-group fellowships with asylum seekers.
- Host a DASH 101 event at your office, church, living room or elsewhere.
- Connect us to other groups or people who could contribute funds or fundraising opportunities.
- Sponsor a summer snow cone party for the residents.
- What other one-time project would you love to do?
- Join the DASH WhatsApp (text group), where needs are shared.
- Click here to fill out a volunteer application.
- Host a single female or mother with children as a host family or host a single man as a male host (extra applications, trainings and home-studies required) *Apply here.
- Be An Advocate: One on one friendship with asylum seekers. Apply here.
- Join the event planning team to help organize our 4 annual events (Anniversary Celebration, Cultural Fair, Ask-Event, and Thanksgiving Potluck).
- Become a PenPal to grow friendship with our residents (great service opportunity for kids).
- Lead a Bible Study 1:1 with residents interested in growing closer to God.
- Take Bike Rides with residents interested in exploring the city.
- Assistant to the Director of Operations: Oversees food bank, donated goods, and apartment set-ups.
- Grocery Volunteer: Sponsor or make a grocery run to the store or food bank one time per month.
- Supplies Volunteer: Donate needed toiletries and cleaning supplies once a month.
- Driver: Provide transportation to ESL/Job Corp Classes. Classes usually begin around 8 and end around 2 Monday through Friday. The drive is about 20 minutes.
- What other ways would you love to volunteer?
- Household items Click here to view list
- Donate storage space for donated items (such as space in your garage or a shed)
- Computers and printers working in excellent condition
- Appliances (vacuums, blenders, microwaves) working in excellent condition
- Restaurant gift cards
- Toiletries and cleaning supplies