Join the family! We treasure your time, talents, and resources. The following are ways you can get involved. Advocates and Hosts have specific applications but all other roles can apply through the general volunteer application. For more information about any of the following, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-503-6544.
- Help move/setup apartments.
- Attend monthly small-group fellowships with asylum seekers.
- Host a DASH 101 event at your office, church, living room or elsewhere.
- Connect us to other groups or people who could contribute funds or fundraising opportunities.
- Join the DASH WhatsApp (text group), where needs are shared.
- Click here to fill out a volunteer application.
- Join the event planning team to help organize our 4 annual events (Anniversary Celebration, Cultural Fair, Ask-Event, and Thanksgiving Potluck.)
- Host a single female or mother with children (extra applications, trainings and home-studies required)
*Click here to fill out a host application
- Advocate Program: One on one friendship with asylum seekers. Apply here
- Assistant to the Director of Operations: oversees food bank, donated goods, and apartment set-ups
- Grocery Volunteer Sponsor an apartment and coordinate with asylum seekers to pick out groceries one time per month.
- Driver: Provide transportation to ESL/Job Corp Classes. Classes usually begin around 8 and end around 2 Monday through Friday. The drive is about 20 minutes.
- Household items Click here to view list
- Donate storage space for donated items (such as space in your garage or a shed)
- Computers and printers working in excellent condition
- Appliances (vacuums, blenders, microwaves) working in excellent condition
- Restaurant gift cards
- Toiletries and cleaning supplies